From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 03:02:41 -0500
zen's repliess[sic]
>Sorry for the ranting but it is really galling to be constantly harrased
>by a few folks for doing what we honestly think is helping out ferrets in
>general.

Always stick to your guns, you two, and do what you believe is right.  You
have support by some, and by some you will not.  That has not changed.
Bill, Diane, do you really think it will?  If you vie for recognition, you
need to expect attention, good and bad.  While I don't see a "constant
harassment" towards you, I do see conflict and disagreement.  Such is the
nature of all things.  I think the real time to worry is when *everybody*
agrees with you; it's probably because you're not really saying anything.
I hope you'll understand.

There will always be at least two sides to the show issue.  Both sides do
have valid points(exploitation vs education), and speak in earnest.  There
is certainly no more earnest an organization than PETA, and they hate the
idea of pets altogether.  We will always rationalize or justify whatever our
choice of truths.  If we did not, surely madness would result.  Argument is
a process by which *all* of these truths come together.  To expect any
different would be more of zealous than of zen.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi