From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:21:16 -0700
I tried the new F&S Signature food last April. I was shipped the 2-
twenty pound orders in 8 -five pound bags. I didn't need it right away.
I think it was in June that I opened the first bag. It had a mild
rancid odor. As it was out in a bowl it seemed to go away and the
ferrets ate it. Just a few of the ferrets really liked it, the rest
of what I feed is Totally Ferret, all three kinds. So eventually I
had opened other bags and all had the same problem. I finally called
recently and the call center person did not know of any other reports
about this problem. So I am asking if any one else has noticed this. My
friend Jo Ann uses it exclusively and says she's not had a problem. The
other possibility is that I live at 3500', I swear this air oxidizes
stuff faster. I have seem plastic items out in the garage that will
crumble after a few years exposure to the air but not to light. But
that doesn't explain why the food smelled bad when I opened it after
being in a sealed bag.

I would appreciate any comments, especially from those who live at
higher altitudes. F&S is sending me one new bag to try out and see
how it is.

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends,Inc.
Tucson AZ