From:
Stephanie Bass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 12:29:52 -0500
Hello everyone,

A few days (maybe a week or more) ago, a womsn posted a response and got
some rather "rude" responses back.  I feel the same way, that I received
some "rude" comments".  Whenever I have a ?  I ask it and everyone has
been so nice and extremely helpful.  However, this time when I asked how
to get the smell out of the nite stand I felt attacked.

I felt it necessary to respond because of Sharon Wood's comment.  Thank
you.  Why shouldn't I want to get the smell out of the wood.  No, there
is no poop inside it.  Yes, I change the bedding frequently.  Ferrets have
an odor.  A natural odor.  I love my babies, I love their odor.  But in my
night stand (they chose this spot, they are free roam because they EARNED
it and because my small apartment allows it to be easily ferret
proofed)... as I was saying, in my night stand the interior is unfinished
and it absorbs the odor.  It is the same thing with any smell... too much
of any smell can be overwhelming - i.e. vanilla, scented candles...
anything can smell TOO MUCH.  Being that they spend 20 hours or more
asleep in there I would EXPECT it to smell.  I was asking for ADVICE about
how to rid the strong odor.  I did not ask for people to get snippy and
assume that I am a bad ferret Mommy for wanting to get this smell out.

This "snippyness" did not just happen to me.  Other "new" users have said
the same thing.  I always read and respond to people.  I have found this
digest to be the best source of useful information.  Some individuals need
to relax and take a deep breath before jumping all over the new guys.

Thanks,
Stephanie
And my babies Abe & Penelope