From:
Finder Longsorrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:59:45 -0400
>From:    DJTuvell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: rubber "kong" ferret toys
>I just cannot understand how some companies can keep making and selling
>some products that are so dangerous to ferrets.

The Kong company provides a very helpful little pamphlet with every toy it
sells.  The pamphlet not only warns you to check the toy for damage on a
daily basis, it also has a diagram showing exactly how to pull it apart to
search for cracks and splinters.

I bought the "petite" Kong for my boy Kili and he loves to wrestle me for
it, jumps up and down, and actually hisses when I take it away from him.
He always hides it in the same place and, as recommended by the Kong
company, I check it daily for wear and tear.

The fault here lies with the pet store personnel who left the damaged toy
in the cage.  In a situation where the toy's condition cannot be properly
monitored it never should have been left there to begin with.

melissa a. durfee