From:
Levade Seven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 13:40:56 EDT
I think that we were all taught that any warmblooded animal can contract
rabies and then pass it on.  I believed the same thing until my grandmother
who is a rehabilitator in Florida taught me different.  For some reason
rabies in possums is extremely rare and the only two documented cases are
lab induced rabies.  No wild cases that she was aware of.  They also were
not able to transmit the disease.  It just killed them.  This may not
exactly apply to ferrets but I do like to add what I know so people have
all the facts.