From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 07:56:39 -0400
Ok, the person that was offended needs to know my ferret does have an
empty space between the ears just like all us other Americans!  This
is why we win wars against oppressing countries through the two plus
centuries we have existed bringing freedom, democracy, and quality life
to more than half the world.  Yup!  We empty headed Americans have
created the greatest country this planet has ever seen with our empty
heads.  But we do interject humor now and then.  Even Reagan had the
Russians go to red alert with an off the cuff humor statement once, took
the Ruskies years to calm down!  I still laugh over that.  And I have
lived in Asia for nearly 2 years, love the culture and people there.
But I do like humor also.

As to E-bay, strange things do happen in bidding.  I was bidding on an
item that simply disappeared when I placed my bid!  Took weeks to find
out this item was withdrawn by E-bay exactly the same time I placed my
bid.  The reason for the item retraction was never expressed to me other
that something about the seller was not acceptable.

EBay is a great tool, but one needs to be very careful no matter what.
It is very easy to be con'd even with the best of supplied EBay
protection schemes and your own careful investigating.  It seems the
story has now come to light and any true culprit seems to be EBay itself!

I hope ruffled feathers all settle where we are all here to have fun and
to learn from each other as well as support each other.

Gordon and Byte-me
( am sure that name 'Byte-me' will offend someone, but...... like they
say in Reno....... OHHHHHHHH WELLLLLLLLL!!!!)