From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 08:24:12 EDT
B & D...
ok...this is something that needed to be known...that there are more
reasons than just not wanting the adv testing...

if there are more reasons..then we don't specifically need to know those
reasons...at least "I" dont...[but the people in charge of the shows DO
need to know specifics] but we DO need to know that there are more reasons
than just the testing...so the people don't think it is all because of the
ADV testing...this negativity about ADV testing is NOT what is needed right
now...

thanks for your comment...:)

**************

Vicki...
>my ferrets were tested several months ago and are adv negative.  i chose
>not to attend the show because i cannot afford another round of testing
>just to attend.

the key here is..."were tested several months ago..." it has been said over
and over by the drs. and people who have ADV+ kids that testing just once
is NOT enough...things can change in a short time... you obviously "show"
your ferrets?...take them to shows???...that puts them at risk of picking
up ADV and spreading it...from either THEIR contact with another ferret...
or even just your contact with another ferret... they should be tested
again BEFORE going to another show...

thank you for your response also...

i appreciate all responses..whether they agree with me or not...the more
that is said...the easier it should be to see all sides...and go from
there...

*************

i had my ferrets tested a couple months ago...and all ferrets i have gotten
since, i have had tested...but IF i were going to take any to a show...i
would feel it my RESPONSIBILITY to both my FERRETS and my FRIENDS to have
them re-tested before taking them to a show...

maybe my problem is i DON'T show my ferrets...so i don't SEE the problem
of getting them tested...

maybe it is the number of shows one goes to in a year?...that makes testing
repeatedly a problem?...financially?...the Elisa test certainly is not
traumatic for the ferret...so that can't be it... maybe show less ferrets
at a time?...show some at one show...some at another?

thank you all again for responding...

kat

KITY= .. =KAT...(a.k.a....FuzzieMom) and her Kollektive "16"
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey(Shine), Meeja, PopPye, Noodles, Sandi-Mandi,
Hope-HollyHeart, Edison, Lucky, Uh-Oh, Princess Cissy,...and "Jack,
Sassy-too, and Angel"...and now!..."Lefty"!!!

And holding "Lil Bear" and "Geezer" close in my Heart...
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy, and
the biggest piece of my heart, Charlie!

The Ferrets' Pages...
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97