From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:13:29 -0700
Dear All,

I had an oops in my post, the link, try instead thehideyhole.com
Many got error messages with the other that I'd posted.

There's more here, with my relationship with Lynn and Rob Toole and son
Kory. Lynn and family were Secret Santas to my kids on The Giving Tree
the first year I'd posted any, that was 2001. Being a smart ass, I'd
posted that one little girl's Christmas wish was a forever home.

I'll never forget that snowy night; Lynn and Kory drove 19 hrs through
a continuous blinding snow storm, from Illinois to Maryland, to come
visit Rocky's and meet that little girl they'd Santa'ed.

They adopted her that night, and her cagemates.

It's now 2009, and Lynn, Rob and Kory throughout the years have come to
Rocky's and adopted. With each visit, those that needed special care,
whether they be elders, biters or have terminal illnesses, they took
them each into their arms, kissing, hugging and happily transported
them back to Illinois.

I've coined a phrase that they're home, Rocky's Illinois Hospice, and
they are, forever and e3ver!. Each and every one of them, an adoption.
We all know, I'm pro-adoption/pro-foster!

Yet, for the all, they chose and insisted, out-right adoption, taking
the full burden of care upon themselves, and it's been a huge financial
undertaking over the years. This I know. Lynn supplements the full care
of all of these ferrets, as well as ones they have personally rescued,
upon themselves,......and by sewing and offering unique gifts to the
ferret community. As I also posted, they have many other offerings,
including those beautiful garden markers of ferret statues. All these
years, never asking a dime of support for all they have adopted from
me, and taken in from their community....The Toole's are
self-supporting, and a family effort to be admired and respected!!!

I don't care what month it is, whether Rocky's is the benefactor, or
another shelter that they are intimately acquainted with and support,
this sanctuary deserves everyones full support. Lynn, Rob and Kory do
wonderful work, and they spare nothing in getting the best of medical
care and support for those they have taken in.

This all started with The Giving Tree. Me posting a pic. Them
responding. So many ferrets saved, so many shelters given support.
Let every post on this years The Giving Tree have such wonderful
results! Let the giving begin!

Give Lynn's thehideyhole.com site a look see, and just think of all the
years of dedication she's given Rocky' s and the community. I am so
very personally grateful.

Hugs,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
Parkton, Maryland
www.rockysferrets.com

[Moderator's note: I'm receiving a lot of e-mail asking me for the
address of the Giving Tree. The Tree is still in test mode and will
not be fully operational for a while. I'm sure an announcement will
be made once ferrets are loaded onto the Tree and it's ready.
http://www.ferretgivingtree.com is the address, but again, it's not
ready yet!  BIG]