From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 07:30:31 -0500
Dooks to all, and thank you to all who e-mailed me here and through the
FML.  Chewie is home and on meds (lasics & another to slow the heart down).
He's getting a kitty version of duck soup, eating baby foods, drinking
pedia-sure, anything he can get.  He even acted more like himself today.

Meghan:  We play with our fuzzies, hold them (oh, for maybe 3 seconds if
they let us), let them climb on us, etc. to bond with them.  We also have
4 cats.

For Rachelle & others who've just lost their babies: my heart goes out to
you.  To have these warm, fuzzy, funny creatures in our lives is a gift
from God, and when they have to leave us we are devastated.  As the one
vet student and I were talking Friday, I told her "When they leave us,
they always take a piece of us with them", to which she replied "Yes, but
think how much of themselves they leave with us."

[P.S.]
Uh, my earlier post said "A funny" and I just remembered, I forgot to add
it!

This morning, after letting the 6 tiny terrorists out fo rtheir morning
romp, I'd put them all up.  Went up to make sure head count was correct and
cage properly shut.  There are four of them in the sleep sack/ hammock, and
here's the wild thing.  Everybody is out like a light except for Suzy, my
Christmas baby.  She has her front paws on either side of Scully's head,
and she's working them like a cat "making bread".  Not only is she doing
this, she's basically sucking on Scully's ear!  Must not of hurt Scully,
because she never woke up.  I was floored, and trying not to laugh, because
Suzy was just drifting off to sleep while doing this.

Is this because she was weaned early?  Should I look into a baby ferret
pacifier or something?  At least she's not sucking one of her toes.

Rebecca

=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"