From:
Elaina Rowland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:13:49 +0000
Hello Everyone,

I came on the fml to see if I could get some donations sent to three
ferrets that a lady named Patricia owns. I live in Flagstaff, AZ and so
does this lady. I put calls out for help a few weeks ago because this
lady named Patricia followed me home from a grocery store, (my plates
on my car read Ferret7 and I also have a magnet that has pics of
ferrets, and says I love ferrets on it) she was distraught, and frantic
that her ferrets were dying and that she needed to get rid of them
right away, she said her son dumped all the animals on her, and it was
just to much, and found out that she had a small little cage for three
ferrets! But she keeps them in her bathroom loose! Well I found a place
for them the next day, even called Zoo of Zoo's Ferret Sanctuary, to
see if she could help, got a lady down in Tucson, AZ involved, etc.

Well then Miss Patricia started avoiding me, and said she was acting
in haste, and getting ahead of herself, had to talk to her son, whom
I found out was like 13 and she was not making him own up to his
responsibilities. So she finally told me she did not want to get rid
of the ferrets, which okay, good for her but it did not have to be a
secret. So then I got this really nice ferret nation cage for her and
that took two weeks to get her to respond to that, but finally she came
and got the cage, thank goodness! I just found out that she has done
all this before! She cries wolf a lot and I also found out that about
a week after she contacted me about the ferrets, they some how had
spilled some flea and tick spray and had ingested some of it and they
were bleeding from the mouth so she rushed them to the vet. Fortunately
they all survived, but I was a little aggravated to find all this
out... nothing like being played, but thank God the ferrets are okay.
Well anyway they have a cage now, which hopefully means a safer life
for them...that is as long as they get out for exorcise daily.

Well to get to the point (I feel you all have a right to know this) she
only has some shirts for the ferrets to sleep on. She needs hammocks,
soft cushy beds, and just all sorts of ferret stuff for the cage, the
poor little things have nothing soft and cushy to sleep on. They could
use even some bowls that fastened to the cage for water, and food. So
if anyone could help by sending her some items, for those little furry
angels that would be great! They need our support and help,
desperately! Someone that knows this woman at her work place, said she
really has no business with animals! She also has two dog, some cats,
and then the three ferrets. So if we can help these little guys, that
are so deserving of a better life, it would be great!!! If you would
like to send her some stuff e-mail me and I will get with you on it!

Lane Rowland : [log in to unmask]

Thank you all so very much, with best ferret wishes I hope we can some
day stop all ferrets from suffering, and coming to harm!

Elaina (Lane) Rowland