From:
Patrick Hallahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:59:00 EDT
Tuesday at 4:20 PM My little guy, Baby, crossed over the bridge, waiting
on the other side was Bandit, Sassy, Boo, Jr, and Gabby.

Bandy said "don't be afraid Baby, come on and be with us in this
wonderful place"

Baby replied, "I am not afraid, Dad told me to be brave and that I would
be with you all and that I would have a wonderful new coat and I would
not hurt anymore and I would be happy with everyone to play with, many
toys, treats, good food and cool water, no I am not afraid"

I held my little one and felt him take his last breath

I remember when he adopted me, I went to a rescue in Ohio to get a bonded
pair and Lori said there is Bandit and Bandita (changed to Missy) they
are bonded, as I reached for one of them Baby who's original name is
forgotten, ran up and gave me a big kiss on my hand and I turned and
said, this little guy is going with me as well.

Baby was around 6 1/2 to 7 years old, and survived two adrenal operations
and before his hair loss, a handsome sable male

He was one of a kind, when I came home he would wake up and come running
to the door to see me, when I was in the bathroom in the mornings he
would come zipping in, climb up on the sink and would wait until I put
enough water in the sink so he could get a drink, he loved everyone, he
loved to play and he just loved life.

I took him to the vets this morning so she could put him to sleep after
she got back and examined him, she called and said it was time, he was
suffering.  I went to the office and was holding him, telling him my good
byes once again while the vet went to get the needed drug his little
heart stopped beating and he crossed over the bridge.  It was as if he
was waiting for me to come hold him, he was ready to go but wanted to say
good bye to me before he did.  He is now buried under the big oak next to
the others, he has a name plate nailed on the tree just like the others
so he and the rest will never be forgotten even after I am gone.

Good-bye my little friend, I will always love you.

We all miss him so much
Patrick (Dad), Fuzz, Missy, SweatPea, Olive Oyl, Oliver, Scooter and
Swiper