From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:38:35 -0500
POOPING IN THE TUB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ours have a thing with pooping in the tub, too.  I can't understand it
myself because they also love to play in the tub as well as drink from
it.  You'd think they wouldn't want to poop in the same spot.

COAT CHANGES
~~~~~~~~~~~~
We've noticed that our Ayla has slimmed down, coat-wise, not weight wise.
I'm assuming its her spring coat.  She was really the only one to get a
thicker coat (noticably, at least) and now her tail has lost at least half
of its fullness, so maybe its her new coat.

PETITE AND DOMINANT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our Salty is slightly over 1 pound, being our smallest.  Of our six, she
remains the dominant ferret.  Our last addition was our first boy, and in
generaly play, he usually kicks everyone's butt, but on rare occassions when
he needs set straight, Salt will pin him down with an evil look in her eyes.
He submits immediately.  Its cute to watch because he's well over 3.5 pounds
already.

VET STORIES
~~~~~~~~~~~
We have one Dr. in the area that was listed as a recommended vet
(specializing in exotics), however, I wasn't crazy about our visit.  We've
been going to a vet that lives about 10 minutes from us, and she was
absolutely wonderful - as well as the staff.  She owned ferrets herself, but
then she moved and it was over an hour away.  So I decided at this time to
try the vet that was recommended.  He's about 40 minutes from me, and from
the minute I stepped inside, I wasn't thrilled at all with him or his staff.
So I've decided to stay with my original vet unless the need arises for
something more than routine.  They get pampered when we go in.  The entire
staff shuts down to oogle over them.  Its kind of funny.  And of course,
they love it.  I'm always open to different vets though, just in case.
That's why I posted yesterday for vets in my area & descriptions of their
practice.

FERRET ALARM CLOCKS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we got Little Man a few months ago, he learned right away to scratch at
the door (we have plastic down around the edges of the room & door) of their
bedroom when he wanted out at night (usually right after we put them in
their room to go to bed).  After about a week or so of discipline, he
learned to stop....however, in the meantime, 2 of his sisters seemed to
learn something from him.  Ever since then, Pepper & Shadow will sratch at
the door, usually at 12:30 or sometimes 5:30 in the morning.  Without fail.
7 days a week.  Its to the point now that I think this is Pepper's way of
"being tucked in to bed".  She'll wake up at 12:30 and scratch at the door,
I get up, go in to the room and we both "trot" over to the cage and she goes
up to bed.  Strange behavior.

- Mish

MICHELLE Z. MATTA.........Carnegie Mellon University
Athletic [log in to unmask]
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/mish/home.html