From:
Tim and Denise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:04:43 -0400
Hi there fellow ferret lovers-
I am thinking about going to Colorado, and wonder what airline policies I
will find when traveling with the fuzzies.  Will I be able to take them in a
carrier into the cabin?  Will I be given a hard time for bringing them?
Also, I would like to take the train home, and wonder what Amtrak policy
might be.

We had a houseful of people here last weekend, and our ferrets, Pearl and
Shamus, were in their element.  Pearl loves to be held and petted, and for
hours at a time her little feet didn't even touch the floor, as she was
passed around from one person to another.  "Let ME hold her now!!!" One
guest, the girlfriend of a friend, made herself quite unpopular with me
when, after barely touching Pearlie, she WASHED HER HANDS right in front of
me.  I was only icily polite to her after that.  Late Saturday night, a few
people began a spontaneous hackysack game in the kitchen.  Shamus, the
famous sack stealer, was so excited.  He stayed in the middle of the circle,
watching intensely for it to fall to the floor, which it did often, and each
time he made a grab for it.  Of course a ferret is much quicker than
(slightly drunk) humans, so of course he ended up with it under the couch.

Thanks for any advice about airlines and Amtrak!

Pearlie, Shamus, and their pet human Denise