From:
Kaye FitzGerald-Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 16:32:00 +0100
>From:    kathryn terhune-cotton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Companion's Choice Ferret Food   ??
>The first three ingredients should be meat; corn is difficult for a ferret
>to digest - not recommended; fish is for mink, not so great for ferrets.

>The other thing I wonder about it your reference to a "polecat jill" ...
>"bestowed heaps of ferret kisses on him."  I thought I've read on here that
>polecats and ferrets are different species, no??
>(the other) Kat

Hi,

"Polecat" over here refers to the colour of the ferret........I've got 2
polecat hobs..........they're definitely ferrets but they're the same
markings as wild polecats (ie.  sable.......cream undercoats with dark
guardhairs and legs and tail with a face mask.Don't you use the same term
in the States?

Haven't tried the new food yet so can't comment......but when I posted the
ingredients of the one I do use (in conjunction with whole carcasses) I was
blasted too for the amount of fish meal in it.Well, if it's all that's
available it's better than nowt!Mine have both just won prizes at a show on
their debatably "unhealthy" diet...1st and 2nd in the Polecat hob class and
overall champion hob..........so they can't be doing too badly!:-)

K.