From:
"Church, Robert Ray (UMC-Student)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:44:59 -0600
CONCLUDING REMARKS:

These posts were NOT meant to be all-inclusive or the final word on the
subject.  In many cases, medical protocols are under review and are being
changed, so what is considered correct today may be seen as obsolete next
week.  Wound care protocols are a perfect example; one reason I did not
directly discuss wound care is because the protocols are currently under
review in the human health care literature and I didn't feel--considering
vets generally instruct clients on such issues--it was appropriate to
stir controversy or confuse the issue at this time.

The number of private emails about the series has been overwhelming; at
least a dozen a day.  Most were to express support or thankfulness, and
to those people I offer a sincere and heartfelt "thanks." Even if I don't
have time to respond personally to each message of thanks and support,
they are still important to me, and I appreciate the sentiments.  Some of
the emails were to ask me to elaborate on some of the subjects, and in
most cases, those requests jumped the gun and were answered by subsequent
posts that were already in the pipeline.  The rest asked questions that
should have been addressed, and I will get to them in the discussion part
(following this).  One email suggested corrections in one of my
recommendations and deserves response.

This subject could be an entire book, and perhaps I'll write one if
someone would pull the switch that turns on the 48-hour days.  I could
add tons more stuff, but perhaps some of the other FMLers should share
the wealth of their knowledge instead.

Bob C