From:
Ildiko Meracz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 10:58:45 -0500
Dear Ms. Sargent-Colburn,

As an avid reader of the FML over the past few months, I have noticed
that you have, on multiple occasions, referred to a seemingly innocent
yet potentially hazardous activity in which Switch the Kit and Hurricane
Lily have engaged.  The activity in question is underage, unlicensed
ferrets driving.  I admit that I haven't checked on the particulars, but
as far as I'm aware, *nobody* under the age of 15 is legally allowed
behind the wheel of a moving automobile, much less that of a tractor that
is presumably being operated for interstate travel.

Now, I try to be a relatively liberal mother, so when it comes to
driving, I let my Howard and Anabel (aged 1 year, each) *think* they're
in charge.  In reality, however, they're just backseat drivers.  I can
only hope that either Hurricane Lily or Switch the Kit is of age and has
at least obtained her learner's permit, and that you or Dann are in the
vehicle with them on these aforementioned expeditions.  IMHO, it would
be prudent for every ferret who is so inclined to check his state and/or
local ordinances before attempting to operate a vehicle, instead of
assuming that "it was okay for Switch and Lily."

I understand that it's difficult to resist those doe eyes and eager
promises, but for the safety of Switch, Lily, and numerous other ferrets
who furtively teleport into their hooman's office and read the FML, I
urge you to exercise caution when discussing the vehicular adventures of
Switch the Kit and Hurricane Lily.

Concerned in New York, and ready to be ostracized for speaking out,
-- Ildiko