From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 07:50:48 -0400
To Wayne Rahman:

Wayne - yes there have been several outbreaks of epizootic catarrhal enteritis
(the Green Diarrhea) in Michigan, primarily in the Glendale area - although
there are probably more cases in MI that I don't know about.  Teh outbreak in
or near Glendale was very severe - in fact, we used material from that
outbreak for our transmission studies here at the AFIP.  I think it is
probably a good thing that you are holding off of the shows for a while....

News on the GD front - we are very close to isolating the agent - and are in
negotiation with a vaccine company concerning future vaccine production.  The
info that has been put out earlier is still good as far as diagnosis and
treatment.  I have been told, however, that with FDA testing, clincial trials,
and field trials, it will be at least two years before a vaccine is available.
That's the government for you.

We are currently working with a putative agent.  That's all I can say for now.

Bruce Williams, DVM