From:
"Hosea E. Maggard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 13:24:50 -0700
Hello fellow FML'rs,

I am posting today, to let you know that Foster Ferret who posted last week
that she was stepping back from the rescuing bit in IL is back in action.
Of course, her heart wouldn't just leave these poor creatures and just
forget about them.  Right now, she is in need of supplies, cages, money to
ransom them and most importantly homes for the fuzzies.

If you can part with some of your hard earned money to rescue a poor,
defenseless little ferret, please forward it to:

Lynda Reid (aka Razz)
105 S. Drake
Manhattan, KS  66503

She will forward it to Foster Ferret.

If you want to send supplies or cages, please send them directly to:

Ms. Szelmeczka (aka Foster Ferret)
56 Rock Springs
O'Fallon, IL  62269

I think if anybody is willing to send cages, Greyhound would be the cheapest
route for shipping.

As for homes, we would like you all to know, that there are no more kits
left, but the older ferrets are in greater need of homes anyways.  He has
mostly females left and none of the ferrets are fixed.  A lot of the females
are about to go into heat and would require fixing which of course would be
an additional expense for people willing to take in the animals.  Unless we
could get enough donations to also get them spayed and neutered.  He is
charging anywhere from $20.00 to $30.00 per ferret and at this point Foster
Ferret is using her own money to ransom the ferrets from this guy.  She
won't be able to get them all out if she has to depend on her own finances,
which are limited.

Please be generous and send whatever you can, supplies or money.  If you
were close by, you would probably be doing the same thing.  I know I would
try my da**est to get them all out of there.

Thank you to all the lovely people that have already contributed to the
cause.  It is much appreciated.

Please, help.   Foster Ferret can't do this on her own.

Ilona, Ferretless in CA