From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:46:35 -0800
>From:    Jim MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Black-eyed whites and digging
>Hi, This is my first posting.  I have three weasels, Trista, Maria, and
>Cujo.  I love them to death!  I am looking for a B.E.W., my local pet store
>buys though Marshall Farms, and told me this color variation is not as
>successful as some of the more conventional colors.  Any thoughts on this?

Thats pretty much correct.  DEW (they really tend to have dark ruby not
black eyes) are not common and then often are the runts of their litters.

>Also, my Male is a deviant, and the girls followers.  For this reason I have
>decided to have them declawed, and buy a new sofa!

You're about to get buried with all kinds of not so nice email.  We strongly
discourage declawing.  These are ferrets not cats.  They need their claws
for proper balancing while walking.  The AFA recently put out or is about to
put out a position paper saying pretty much this.  We don't have a copy yet
so we can't quote from it.  There are vets who will refuse to perform a
declaw on a ferret.  We wish more or even better all would.

You should maybe try to give them an alternative place to dig.  A sandbox
for example.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/