Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 08:01:14 -0500
Thanks for all the responses to my cage questions.  I checked out the NEEPS
WWW site and saw what cages they had available.  Also called those numbers
and ordered some catalogs.

As for putting things to block his corners- no dice.  He just moved
everything to where HE wanted them.  Maybe when I get him his new cage, I'll
try to carpet part of it and get him a litter box and see how it goes.  For
now, I'll stick to filling the whole bottom of his cage with litter.

BTW, I did call the SoFla Ferret Society.  The only thing they told me is
not to put cedar chips to line his cage.  They didn't have any advice about
a cage and actually told me that many owners don't use a large cage for
their ferrets and let them roam the house freely.  Bad idea for me because I
live with my parents and my Mom and Sis are terrified of Sebastian.  They
think he's a possessed, overgrown rat from hell.  My grandfather has tried
to "set him free" for about a year now.  So Sebastian's gonna have to settle
for a big cage and free reign of the house when I'm here.  At least if I get
him a big cage, I can put tubing and toys so he doesn't get bored like he
does now.  He sleeps all day while I'm at school and then he plays when I
get home.  I know he sleeps out of boredom.  Oh, well, until I move outta
here, it's gonna have to be this way.  See you guys.

Alex