From:
Julie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:22:16 -0700
>Church, Robert Ray
>Subject: Bob C: Caloric Restriction
>
>Do I hear an "Amen?"

AMEN!  I have done a lot of research into my personal diet (to improve
overall health, not weight).  Your posts on CR hit me like a runaway
train-why bother to improve my life, if I wasn't taking proper care of
those who made it worth living?!

At present, I am gradually modifying my fert's diet to include greater
quantities of natural sources of protein and fat, and less "filler"
carbs.  More nutrition.  Less kibble.  No excuses.  My baby Brak was
recently diagnosed with insulinoma.  He was wasting away, not eating
well.  Along about the same time, I began the 'new & improved' diet, and
now he comes to me begging for his food!  I can see an improvement in him
already, and I believe his next visit to the doc will prove me right.

I will do whatever it takes to keep my ferts happy and healthy for as
long as possible.  The more time I have with my babies, the better.  (Not
to mention, the one-on-one quality time spent handfeeding is great!)
Thank you for opening my eyes, and for sharing your extensive knowledge
with us all.  Some of us can catch the subtle hints...some need a 2-by-4
to the head.  Whatever it takes, please, keep it comin'!

Julie & the Woozles
21stCenturyFerret.com
"Ferrety stuff for ferrety people"
Dedicated to the support of
24 Carat Ferret Rescue & Shelter, Las Vegas