From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 15:14:54 MET
Tim Kesterson <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Our newest member, Nikki (4 month old female), has picked up an unstoppable
>habit of climbing our plant stand and digging in our plants.  We have tried
>absolutely everything we can think of to discourage this, to no success.

Have you tried giving her something that may look like
plants to her? I have had good results with always having a
bucket of plant soil available to my ferrets, so they can
dig there whenever they want. Once a week or so, I pour
some water in it to make it smell better.

Yes, they still want to explore my plants, and I let them
do it under supervision. (Rustan can climb up to them, but
I don't know how, and when he does he doesn't do much
damage.)
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]  http://www.ki.icl.se/urf/urf.htm