From:
Shea Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:33:04 EST
I have had a horrible evening and needed to tell you all about it!

As most of you know, I have had two ferrets for the past two years ~
Trixie and Buddy ~ who are now in the care of two wonderful people and
their 7 carpet sharks in Elkhart, Kansas.

Well, this evening I decided to go with a friend of mine to pick up his
new Dachsund at The Ark ....a pet store in Canyon, Texas.  It's on I-60
going to Hereford on the south side of the Interstate.  When the owner
mentioned he had two ferrets I begged to see them.  I miss mine so much.
I was HORRIFIED!  The ferrets were in the back room ~ a tiny space ~ with
about 5 other cages full of Pyranees pups, terriers, a squirrel, a fox,
and about 20 rabbits.  The room was FILTHY........the air was stuffy....
the dogs were barking like mad.

These two girl fuzzies, whom the owner claimed that one was a baby and the
other the "momma" (personally, to me they looked to be the same age) both
unfixed and still possessed their scent glands.  The wire cage the fuzzies
were in was two-three feet high.  The entire cage was wire........there
was one litter box in the bottom that the ferrets are SLEEPING in......
because he won't hang another hammock since they "chewed it up".  In the
other corner was a 2 week old pile of feces.......he isnt' cleaning the
cage.  The waterbottle was intact but there was no food because he claimed
it made them "poop too much".  I am SO UPSET!  He is asking $50 each for
them and plans to keep them until they die....and I hate to think of them
in that place.

I am still in a position to where I can't take any fuzzies in.....but
I'm hoping that SOMEONE out there in the Amarillo area or elsewhere if
possible could save these babies!  I want to turn this place in and I
don't know where to do so.  If anyone has information please PLEASE let me
know.  I need to do something.  These beautiful two babies are desperate ~
as am I!

Please email me at [log in to unmask] if you can help me!  Thanks!

Shea Anson
Ferretless and missing my babies in Fritch, Texas