From:
"Craig W. Lovell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:38:53 -0700
Hello, all!

There is a possibility that one of my ferrets may need to go onto
Diazoxide; she has been diagnosed with insulinoma.  What I'm wondering is
how difficult is it to get a ferret to take Diazoxide?  She's currently
on Pediapred (0.5cc twice daily); and she's had Clavamox (which she hated)
and Metronidazole (which she REALLY hated) for another problem she had.
The Clavamox was rather difficult to get into her, but not nearly as hard
as the Metronidazole (spitting, pawing her mouth, etc.).  To complete the
picture, she's a 7 1/2 year old sable named Fuzzy.  She had a rather
difficult year, last year; came down with ECE which took awhile to get
over.

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

Craig