From:
Marcy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 16:48:15 -0500
A slightly long but entertaining story,

On Sunday morning, I brought Abercrombie and Fitch to the office with me so
I could get a little work done, take them for a short walk, and then go home
to clean house.  However, my best laid plans turned into an entire day on
the run trying to keep from returning to my house where my landlord was
painting the porch of my "No Pets" apartment!!!  We had to all duck down as
we drove by my house, to avoid being spotted.

Abercrombie, Fitch and I were basically nomads today, rolling around town in
my little Escort, trying to find safe haven.  Oh yeah, if you ask
Abercrombie and Fitch they will tell you it was a great day, especially when
they were able to meet the guy at the Burger King drive-thru when I couldn't
go home for lunch.  And although they got to eat their free french fries
outside in the park, among the leaves and the indian summer weather, I'm
sure they were wondering if this was going to be their first--or their
last--lunch on the lam.

In our travels we discovered a great big pile of dirt, where they happily
dug interconnecting tunnels.  Happily, that is, until the roof caved in,
and I had to frantically dig Abercrombie out of the dirt with images of
coal mining disasters going through my head.  Still, Abie was unscathed,
and went back for more even with dirt in his nose.  The fugitives were
welcomed at the laundromat, where I tried to kill time with my laundry.
The laundromat lady let me bring them in, and even gave them lolipops and
let them roll around in the big laundry bins.

So we are still on the run, but we're hoping that the landlord will be done
soon.  If not, when you see a young woman driving endlessly around town
with two ferrets riding shotgun, you'll know our story.

Marcy  ""I think we're going to have to stop for gas soon, guys"

Abercrombie "This is just like Thelma and Louise!!!"

and Fitch "I think we need disguises.  I'll be Batman--Abie,
you'll be Robin!"

Marcy Brown
Department of Biological Sciences
Purdue University