From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:31:04 -0500
>Ashling has been on daily Florinef and Pred for about 2 and 1/2 to 3
>years now.  She still can grab a clicker and climb up the closet to
>stash it around 8 feet in the air on the top shelf.  The meds work
>wonderfully for her.

Oh, that is the television clicker -- the remote control which weighs a
larger fraction of her own weight.

>[Moderator's note: Note that the "real" Weezil Watchers are made from
>Lexan (polycarbonate), not Plexiglass (acrylic) and are pre-shaped.  I'm
>not saying that regular Plexiglass will or will not work, but there is a
>BIG difference between those two materials.  BIG]

Boy, is THAT ever true big time.  (Pun intended.)  The Lexan does not
shatter which removes a hazard and makes it last for ages and ages.
Steve has size 14 feet and multiple times each week he catches his feet
on the Weezilwatchr gates.  Over all the years that we have had the same
pair of gates they have never shattered, never split, never broken in
any way and never cut anyone -- four or two footed.  For safety and
durability they can't be beaten!  (Believe me that in 20 years with
ferrets we have tried many things.)  They are made as time allows by a
shelter family to help support the shelter if it's the same now as back
when we got our's.  While they cost more at first they cost less over
the long run, too.  The contact info is Kinsey Advertising, POB 15194,
Colorado Springs, CO 80935-5194 according to a magazine ad in front of
me.  Steve would likely have severed an ankle without these gates.

Ah, Judith had more complete information:
>Carolyn Kinsey, A.S.V.T.
>Ferret Rescue of the Western States (Estab. 1991)
>P.O. Box 15194
>Colorado Springs, CO 80935
>(719) 527-8004

Hey, does anyone have info on the other shelter family that was making
those great thick plastic threshold guards to protect floor and carpet?
I'd really love to have a narrow rectangle of that material for behind
one door here.

I recall that due to shelter demands there was a wait in getting the
products from each of these two shelter families (the gate makers and the
threshold makers) , but the products did arrive and are both of excellent
quality and durability.  If you expect something immediately, though,
it's not the route to try, unless they have ones already made up and in
stock and you pay for the speedy shipping option, so discussing it in
full with Carolyn is the way to go.