From:
Jo Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:52:15 -0700
The vet I curretly take my babies to is but only adequate by any standards.
I was reading all the stories of vets calling to check on sick furballs and
am discusted at my vet.  Oh sure, she says she'll have someone call and
check on them, but no one ever does.  Not to long ago my 2nd little buddie
(Taz) came home with me and Monkey, and got Monkey sick with the green slim
virus.  They hardly knew what to do.  She survived possibly only because of
the intensive care I provided her with (by using my own skills as a
Registered Nurse).  If anyone has suggestions on more knowlegdeable vets in
the area I would greatly appreciate the tip.  I live in Mesa, AZ.

I would also like to know at what risk are my ferrets if I take them to a
get together with other ferrets?  I know they are always going to be
carriers of this virus, should I take them to a get together?  I don't what
someone else's ferret to get sick and die after being exposed to mine.

Look forward to hearing from any fur crazed addicts.

LilLoneWolfe, Monkey and The Devil Boy (Taz)