From:
"nholpp.excite" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:11:34 -0400
To the person looking for the tough ferret tubes you can find them at
most any wood working store or on-line from a wood working site. What
you want to look for is called "dust collection tubing". It comes in
clear, black and blue from what I've seen. It comes in different
strengths too so the price will very accordingly. Although it will
cost, on average, about three times the cost of the cheap flimsy ones
sold at pet stores as ferret freeways, they will last a lifetime. We
have some that are going on ten years old and are still in tact.

Not only will you find the tubes at these store you will find all
sorts of attachments you can use with the tubes that are fantastic!
My favorites are called "blast gates". They are sliding doors you can
attach to the ends of the tubes to close something off from the ferrets
when you need to. There are "intersection" pieces which can be used to
make all kinds of fun stuff for the fuzzies when you connect several
tubes together.

These tubes are what we used when my husband and I made this for our
guys. They love it.
<http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.333043717532.184185.735582532&l=60b56cb4c8&type=1>

Some of the on-line stores have buy two get one free sales fairly
regularly. Once we started buying these we'll never buy those flimsy
ones again.

Nancy