From:
Dook Dook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 06:41:49 -0500
I didn't catch original post.  I had a MF that was deaf.  Here is what you
need to do.

1. Call the 800 number given on the Marshall Farms site and talk to
   customer service.
2. Tell them you want to keep the ferret but want reimbursement.
3. You will have to get a vet's statement of the genetic defect.
4. Mail/fax it to the number Marshall Farms customer service gives you,
    a. A UPC symbol from a box/bag of MF Food.  (even if you don't use
       it, you need it)
    b. A copy of the guarantee
    c. A copy of the report
    d. A copy of  the receipt.
5. Someplace on one of those or all of those copies put your name and
   address and state you want reimbursement.

Yes, you will get the cost of you ferret back.  I did so and also a friend
of mine.  Now Poof, who is deaf, is living happily ever after.

She got her name because when she was on the vet's table being tested,
the vet hit the metal stand and she poofed her tail out.

So, please you can get reimbursement, but you have to be willing to keep
the ferret or if not take it to a shelter so it can live.

DO NOT return it to the store.

Margie