From:
Chris Matlick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:17:18 -0400
My first ferret Loki was a stasher.  She would secretly build a happy
little stash, ever so slow and ever so secretly.  In fact I recall
finding her biggest stash when I graduated college.  There, behind the
corner of my bed were the following: 1.  black wool driving cap 2.  black
leather baby doll style shoe - only one 3.  miscellaneous non-eaten Oreo
cookies 4.  various non-eaten small Reese's cups and 4.  her Chick-Chick.
Oh how I remember her indignation and my confusion.  How could I have
missed a hat - one of my favorites - and one shoe?

Fast forward 2 years later and after Loki's passing, our house was graced
with Fidget & Hotspur.  Neither of them were stashers really.  Oh sure,
Hotspur had this thing about tennis balls, but other than that either of
them could have really cared.

Fast Forward 8 years.  Holy Cow!  Not only is our little Orlando a
stasher, she is a brazen thief!  Right in front of us she will grab and
go, sometimes even pulling the item out of our hands.  She goes for any
clothes At first she was choosey and would only dig out socks - clean
or dirty.  Soon she expanded to underwear.  Now she takes any and all
clothes she can get her teeth into - the other day I found a long sleeve
button up dress shirt pulled mostly under the dresser in one of our spare
rooms.  Last night, one of my skirts was completely under the dresser.
But she doesn't stop there...oh no she doesn't.  She stole our mini
binoculars and drug them into her clear tubing!  A new pair of flip
flops, heck, I hadn't even had them in the house for 5 minutes and off
she went!  Any item from my purse or satchel is fair game.  Um, hubby''s
wallet, yep that was gone.  Remote controls, ha!  Not even a challenge.
She even tried to steal our brand new sleeping pads that we bought for
our camping expedition to the Grand Canyon.  What else?  Ok, how about a
small headlamp, a flashlight, walkie talkie, small bag of stands for
hubby's miniature gaming pieces...well you get the picture.

And Arcas, what does Arcas stash?  Used tissues.  Yep, used tissues.  And
lucky for her, hubby complies quite nicely when he is sick my throwing
crumpled tissues onto the floor.  I will see this blur of fur, clearly
tail-less (Arcas has a stump due to an overzealous momma ferret) zip
across the landing with something white.  If I follow and I'm fast enough
I can retrieve it.  Otherwise I have to wait to official ferret room
cleaning day - also known as Sunday.

Now I'm off, I swear I brought some work home with me this evening...

chris, Dubs, Arcas, Orlando

www.hotspur.us/bacca
Ferrets - Costuming - Red Hats