From:
nicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:24:22 -0700
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone ever gone through the process of having fluid drawn off
from a ferret's swollen stomach. In this case of my little girl, Naja,
there is excessive fluid buildup in her stomach, due to heart disease.
Her stomach is very large, and the vet suggested that besides the
medication (that she is currently taking), some of the fluid could be
drawn off. Using a needle and withdrawing the fluid. But there still
is the possibility of the fluid returning.

I would like to know anyone's experience with this.

thanks,
Nicholas