From:
Carrie Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:08:29 -0500
Hi!  My husband and I are two of the people who have checked in on the
"Dunwoody 4", we found them to be FAT & happy although they are HUGE and
would like more time out of cage than the pet shops sympathetic employees
can give them.(Not that the employees haven't tried!)

Jim & I went to see them Sun., talked to one of the shops owners about
possibly taking all four of them, made up our minds and went back to get
them Mon.  The employees we talked to asked us to wait until this morning
(Tues.) to give the person from Fla.  a chance to get back with the pet
shop and let them know whether the person from Fla.  was definitely going
to take them or not.  The Fla.  person had not left their phone number
with the pet shop so they had no way to call and ask.

Today we went back to get the ferrets and there was a person from the Ga.
Dept. of Natural Resources there, I'm not sure WHAT she was looking for
but was asking about the records for the ferrets.  It was a little
disturbing that these guys had gone unnoticed until a message on the FML
gets people coming in to actually give these ferrets a home and THEN the
DNR gets involved!

We will (hopefully) be able to bring these four home tomorrow.  Hopefully
the DNR will decide the four are okay to sell.

Jim & I live only 1/2 hr from Dunwoody and are wanting to purchase all
four of these guys(plus a large cage for them) and have them become part
of our gang.(I know, the correct word is "business" but that sounds too
much like business!) We have 11 other ferrets(all Marshall farms) and we
hope that these four will become buddies with at least a few of them.

A note from Jim: 6 of our 11 are rescues.  We have no children (of the
human variety), are not likely to have children (in our mid forties now),
so all of our four footed pets are our children now.  We gave this careful
thought about adding 4 more, added up the numbers and came to the decision
that we could handle the extra load.  This will put us at the limit we are
comfortable supporting, but we are happy to add these four.  The only
other thing is I am curious who called the DNR and why, but am not going
to pursue that line of questioning.

Jim & Carrie &
The Flying Wild Weasels (Puck, Titania, Valentine, Oberon, Emmie, Toby,
Porthos, Athos, Shmoo, Overtime, and Gabby (Gabrielle)