From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:45:01 -0500
Hi Y'all!

The Star City Ferret Club normally holds it's monthly meetings at one
of the local public libraries but unfortunately the librarian double
booked the meeting room this month & we've been bumped. Since the
meeting information had already been sent to the editors at & published
in the Ferrets Magazine it was too late to make the change in the
publication. I've been scrambling trying to locate another venue for
this meeting (01/12/08) and finally a light bulb went off and I was
able to find a place to hold this meeting.

Oh you say you'd like me to share that info? Well sure! Happy's Flea
Market Bingo hall, Williamson Rd Roanoke, VA. They have a pretty
basic web site but is packed with information, like directions:
http://www.happysfleamarket.com/directions.html

The bingo hall is only used for games in the evenings so the space is
pretty much a great big empty room with school cafeteria style tables
the rest of the time.

Because of this temporary change in location we will have to adjust our
activities & ask that no ferrets be brought to this meeting. We will
still be taking members supply orders & payment for the next bulk order
placement. Ah yes, one of the many benefits of joining us for our
meetings... volume buying discounts!

One of the topics I would like to have us start discussing is our
preparations for the 2008 International Ferret Symposium. This year's
location has been announced and the east coast has been blessed!
Pittsburgh, PA to be more specific! How cool is that? Details have
not been ironed out yet but for future reference use this link:
http://www.ferretcongress.org/

In summation:
Star City Ferret Club monthly meeting for January 12, '08 venue change
from the regular library meeting room to Happy's Flea market Bingo Hall
(a mere 1.23 miles from the library), same time (1:00 p.m.). Due to
the lateness of the notification we will have a representative at the
library location to direct members to the new location and additional
members at Happy's to point folks to the hall access. And please
remember, no ferrets at this months meeting.

I hope this change doesn't deter anyone from attending and remember
this is only a temporary change, for this month only.

If you need any additional information about this or future meetings,
please email me at: [log in to unmask]

See you there!

Debbie