From:
James Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 19:47:57 -0400
Hello all.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi.  We are new members to the FML and
also to Ferrets.
I have seen many posts regarding duck soup for sick ferrets. Can someone
supply us with a recipe for Duck soup.
We (wife and I) went out two months ago and purchased a pair.  Dale, a white
footed honey sable, and Crystal, a sable.  Both fixed.  For a month and half
we have had various experiences with the two. Dale loves swimming and even
dives under to check out bottem of their pool.  (My first child's Pool 24"dia
x 6" deep) Crystal can not stand the water and hates bath time.
Two weeks ago we ordered pizza and to make a long story short, the delivery
person delivered a silver mitt along with the pizza.  ("he did not want and
could not take porper care of him" "Dog was beating up on the poor thing").
George was starving and had ear mites when delivered.  Has been treated for
the mites before introduction to Dale and Crystal.  He is now a happy well
fed  6 mos old silver mitt.  Since this adoption we went to the local pet
store to buy ferret food (TF) and was telling the owner about the adoption
when he told us of another ferret needing a good home and gave us the info to
the person who had him.  The person that had him, has had him for about a
month.  He is a maint worker for an apartment complex, a tenent found him in
her downstairs bathroom.  He apparently had crawled down the a/c space from
the now vacant upstairs apartment.  (college students vacanted two days pior
to finding him, going home for summer break).  He kept the Red-eye Albino for
a month, and had all the intentions of keeping him as his pet until CBS
Struck.  His wife watched that show and saw the child report, and Said
"Freddie has to go or me".  Freddie got a clean bill of health from vet, and
has a happy family.
IF any one has the sponsers names and/or address of this show please send
this information to me?
[Moderator's note: Get the last issues of the FML for the lists. BIG]

I just received  a phone call while writng this e-mail message from a local
vet wanting to know if I could place two more ferrets.  Get back to you later
about theese two.

Jim, Cathy
Dale, Crystal, George, Freddie
Rocky (chihuahua)