From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 20:27:40 -0500
Has anyone had any experience with a cat food called "Innova"?  I will list
the ingredients below for comment.  The company (Natura) bills it as a
"natural" food with anti-oxidants etc.  I have not tried (on my ferret) it
but am trying to get a sample.

protein-36%/fat-20%/fiber-2.5%/ash-6%/magnesium-.1%/vit C-500mg/kg/vit
E-200IU/kg

turkey, chicken meal, chicken, whole steamed potatoes, whole eggs, whole
ground barley, chicken fat(preserved w/vit E&C), ground white rice, herring
meal, sun flower oil, whole raw apples, whole steamed carrots, whole
pasteurized milk, fish oil, whole clove garlic, alfalfa sprouts,
DL-methionine, taurine, Vit C, Vit E, probiotics(freeze dried streptococcus
faecium fermentation prouct,lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product,
lactobacillus casei fermentation product,lactobacillus plantarum
fermentation product), Vit A, Vit D3, niacin, calcium pantothenate,
manganous oxide, Vit B1, Vit B2, Vit B12, Vit B6, Vit K, folic acid, cobalt
carbonate, sodium selenite, biotin

The fact that 4 out of the 5 first ingredients are animal proteins seems
impressive but I wonder about the milk and "probiotics". Any opinions?

L.P.