Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:18:12 -0700
I think Fran from Morning Star Farms has a good idea. Sadly, we all
prepare for emergencies and disasters but forget one sad fact ... our
beloved pets may face a terrible fate one day if left to chance.. Any
of us could be gone surprisingly fast.. I have decided 2007 is the
year to get my affairs organized.. Thank you Fran

I live in Northern Nevada (Fallon) and am looking for a few
sanctuary/rescues in the west that would be willing to step up and
either provide a forever home or find orever homes for my crew. Please
send all contact info and brief note about your shelter/sanctuary
policies to me off list.. [log in to unmask]

I prefer to ask the ferret community for this instead of asking family
members. Taking care of final affairs is hard enough without having
to worry about what to do with "Crazy ol' Lisa's" Menagerie. And
truthfully, I want to be certain they will go where their needs are
understood and where bonded pairs/groups will be kept together.

This community is the only place I would turn.

Lisa Watson
Wind & Willow Small Animal Rescue, Sanctuary and Hospice
Fallon, NV 89406