From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:43:33 EDT
Don't worry!  Life changes.  For everyone.  Ferrets aren't china or cotton
candy that wilts when the heat turns on.  They are still with you and they
are happier than if they would be if you gave them to someone else.

I have two kids.  The youngest is 2.  I had ferrets with both.  This is
your first child it sounds like so there are probably other things going
on.  Your daughter will sleep through the night, she will become more
independent and she will like ferrets!  LOL!

The key thing is to just hang in there.  My ferrets have adjusted well to
all sorts of strange things and they are all healthy and happy.  They too
have been shorted of their deserved attention for months at a time.  BUT I
was still there, I still loved them and now the storm has passed and all
is well.  Not perfect!  But pretty good.

I'm sure you already know but keep the baby and ferrets seperate.  Most
ferrets love that baby milk smell.  They could hurt her without meaning
too, they could even be jealous, so be patient, go slow, and keep us
updated.

Sharon