From:
Cynthia Obrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:14:44 -0400
Excerpted from FML, 12 Sep 2003 (Capitalization is mine and was not in
the original post):    [Actually, it was 14 Sept 2003.  BIG]

>From:    K Fox <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hagerstown
>
>Can we have an update on the Hagerstown kids?  How they are doing?
>Adoptions that have been made?  Seems odd that nothing has been posted
>about them since all of the fundraising smoke has cleared.  I understand
>from a very RELIABLE RESOURCE....
>
>.... There is a NASTY RUMOR circulating that not all of these kids are
>being spayed and neutered,...that some are being kept whole and returned
>to breeding....absolutely unthinkable after what these kids have been
>through.  Answers please?  Anyone?

    -----

Fellow FMLer's,

As a librarian and an English major, I always look for the truth of
someone's message in the "true" meanings of their chosen words.  I need
look only as far as the nearest dictionary.  Language is rich with
meaning and emotion.  Look no further than the language and the meaning.
Words mean what they mean.  The truth is in her words.

All definitions from: "Merriam-Webster's Intermediate Dictionary,"  1994:
[All CAPS = synonym]
=====
reliable (adj.) : fit to be trusted : DEPENDABLE   --

resource (n.) : a new or reserve source of supply or support

nasty (adj.) : 1 : very dirty or foul : FILTHY  --
        2 : morally disgusting or degrading --
        3 : DISAGREEABLE, UNPLEASANT (nasty weather) --
        4 : SPITEFUL, ILL- NATURED (a nasty temper) --
        5 : deserving scorn : CONTEMPTIBLE (a nasty trick) --
        6 : HARMFUL, DANGEROUS (a nasty fall)  --

(1) rumor (n.) :
      1 : a widely held opinion having no known source : HEARSAY --
      2 : a statement or story that is in circulation but has not been
          proved to be true --

(2) rumor (v.) : to tell by rumor : spread a rumor --

=====

The Hagerstown and Wolfsville kids:

We're all free to give our donations and energy to help these poor
ferrets in whatever way we can afford.  I think a miracle occured with
these rescues.  The great Spirit in Charge entrusted Barb Clay and
Rocky's Ferret Rescue & Shelter with the job of saving these kids.
Barb has given it her heart, soul, and muscles.  Miracles are ongoing
at Rocky's these days.  Can't you feel the vibes?

I, for one, will continue to support Barb and the efforts of all the
Rocky's volunteers by donating as much as I am able, because the ferrets
need it !  Going from castaway to adoptable is expensive these days if
you're a ferret.  Ask any rescued fuzzies you know.  They'll tell you
they don't know what it cost to become handsome and beautiful, because
their shelter mommy or daddy took care of it, but it must have been a
lot because they sure did take care of every bit of fuzzy, ferrety fert
there was to check up, clean up, or love on.

Peace to all of you and love to your ferrets,

Cindy and the new and bustling business of five wrestlin' ferts:
Cocoa, Sugar, Butter, Bailey, and Willow