From:
daoine o' aka the ferret queen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:25:43 -0600
hey all,

i'm writing about the message regarding my angora phoebe that was in
last night's FML...that was a message i posted a couple months back
that got resent yesterday when i cleared out my other email program's
drafts...i *told* it to delete, not *send* (stooopid computer) so it's
kinda old news. sorry for the repeat. :-/

but just to update, phoebe does still have an enlarged spleen, greatly
enlarged. she's anemic as well, still, and is on lixotinic to try and
get her hematocrit up; it's gone up from 24 to 27 about 1.5 weeks ago,
so we're hopeful. once her iron's to a more manageable level, we're
looking at a splenectomy, since it's hampering her ability to play and
be in the big cage with her 5 buddies. :(

she's also been having sneezing fits, which are leading to nosebleeds
presumably due to being an angora and it's been very dry up here. my
humidifier needs new filters and of course i can't find any *anywhere*
in my area and have had to order them from the company itself the east
coast (i'm in the mountains of colorado) so it's going to take at least
a week to get them. :( so if anyone has any suggestions on a makeshift
humidifier for her in the meantime, i'm all ears (since phoebe's all
nose.)

sorry again for the old news, but if anyone has anything new to offer,
let me know. :)

~sherrie, aka daoine o', the ferret queen

phoebe von plume, the fluffiest ferret in the mountains, burleigh,
pandora, ashby, emma-wheee, and sebastien

and all those over the bridge...