From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:10:46 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

It's been a little over two years since my forever ferret friend, Todd
Leutoldt, was killed by crack addled thugs. Apart from the expected
shock and horror of losing a friend in such a fashion there was another
problem...Todd was killed by the crack addled thugs (all of whom are
now serving lengthy sentences in Pennsylvania State prison) for his
big screen TV. With that news I developed an *instant* loathing for
the things, and guess what my husband wanted so much it made his teeth
hurt every time he thought about it?

A big giant TV. A really, really big one. The kind that made my face
go white every time I saw one. The kind that invariably made me think
of crack addled thugs and murder. The kind that made me think of the
Pennsylvania police trying to catch all of Todd's ferrets in the street
after they escaped through his forced open front door, without knowing
how many there had been to begin with. They tried, they tried. It was
good of them to try. They got most of them.

My husband loves me. He knew how I felt about big screen TV's. But I
love my husband, and I know he really wanted one. It's a guy thing.
I don't really understand it, but I know it's a guy thing, and my
husband is a guy. He and Todd used to enjoy insulting one another's
football team in scathing ways. The Steelers for Todd, the Patriots
for my husband. Also a guy thing. It made them happy.

I don't remember when or where I wrote about my quandry, but I know
that a ferret lady sent me a private message and solved it for me. She
explained that Todd and my husband had been friends, and Todd would
have *wanted* my husband to have a big giant TV, because...it's a guy
thing. And Todd would look down from heaven and see my husband scream
at the New England Patriots until the veins stood out on his head and
be well pleased.

Well, Todd, I hope you enjoyed yourself from your afterlife, today,
watching my husband scream and cuss at his team who apparently choked.
Big time. On the screen of his new giant TV that came home just a few
hours ago.

And thank you to the wise ferret lady who made it all possible, whoever
you are! Of *course* Todd would have wanted my husband to have a giant
TV. And now he does. And I can look at it without wanting to spit. And
life goes on, life goes on.

Alexandra in MA