From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 08:35:11 -0400
Hi gang!

To whomever is trying to paper train a yorkie- good luck!  they are one of
the hardest dogs to paper train.  I would suggest you try crating the puppy.
I managed to train my huskey/lab cross in a week this way!  You feed and
water the puppy then take it out for a "duty" walk.  Praise the puppy when
she/he does the job!  Play with her/him.  When it is time leave the puppy
alone, crate him/her.  THere is some debate about leaving water in the
crate.  Depends on the length of time.  With are regular routine, the puppy
soon learns.  Ask your vet or a dog trainer about this method.  Almost the
same as training ferrets!

D. C. protest - have it the Cherry blossom weekend in April.  Weather is
*usually* half way decent and lots of tourist.  Congress is there too!

Nan and gang