From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:08:36 -0500
Hello all.  The University of Guelph had the following to say about
testing American blood samples for ADV

"Hi Randy,

We have no problem in testing American samples, provided they can ship
them (legally) across the border."

The costs are as follows; $40 for the 1st 20 blood samples and $2 for
each additional sample.  I think this will help out American shelters to
batch test multiple ferrets but will be cheaper to send to United for
small numbers of ferrets.

Now I am unaware of the procedures of shipping blood across the border
and i have NO idea if i'll have the time to figure it out for you guys.
If anyone has the time to do it and fill me in, I would appreciate it :)
i've got a lot on my plate right now and while i would love to take this
project on, i just can't right now.

For info on how to send the tests in, please have your vet contact

Animal Health Laboratory, Laboratory Services Box 3612, University of
Guelph Guelph, Ontario N1H 6R8

Phone: (519) 824-4120 ext. 54524

Fax: (519) 821-8072

<http://ahl.uoguelph.ca/>

I hope this info is of some use to all of you :)  HUGZZZZZZZZZZ

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org <http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost 1/2 sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html