From:
Amy Claire Dempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:05:08 -0400
On Friday I had to help my Little Bear across the rainbow bridge, she was
just over 9 years old and finally cancer got the best of her.

Little Bear was a wonderful light sable ferret.  Odie picked her out of a
pet shop when Odie was 6 months old.  Odie picked her out of a group and
preceded to follow her and wash her.  So home she came.

Little Bear was one of those ferrets who never did anything wrong (or was
too smart to get caught).  Little Bear more than anything wanted to own a
tire store.  She would remove all the rubber tires off of every toy.  She
would then stack them in neat piles of 4's.  She always kept the tires
neatly grouped together and never mixed up groups.  She would get irritated
if you mixed up her tires or hid one.  She would spend a great deal of
time re-organizing.  We thought we would outsmart her once by giving her a
motorcycle.  She never even looked confused she simply kept the two tires
together.

One of the funniest things I have every seen was Little Bear trying to
remove the tire off my mountain bike.  I had to take it outside before
she succeeded!  Here was this little ferret, teeth totally buried in one
of the knobs of the tires pulling for all she was worth!

Little Bear was buried with a full set of 4 new shiny tires off a toy truck
(she preferred trucks just like her mom).

She is sadly missed by all of her brothers and her sister, the cat and her
mom.  She leaves a big hole in my heart.

Amy and her 4 fur snakes and 14 fur angels.