From:
Sherri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 23:42:31 -0400
Hi, just need some advice concerning my new guy(fixed).  I've been getting
advice from other ferret folks at home so I thought I'd check in with the
FML to see what you all had to say.  The problem is my new guy is now
living with 4 girls and he thinks he's cave man - he tries to cart them off
by grabbing their neck and of course the girls take offense to that and
they get into a squabble......One girl gets very mad and chases him around
the room just about every chance she gets and then corners him in the cage
and they go at it.  I was feeling sorry for him (a little) until today when
he attacked (kind of) my quiet reserved little girl while she was sleeping
in a pillowcase!  Of course she was scared to death and now he is spending
the night in the cage.He has been with us 3 weeks.  I was told it is
probably the mating time of the year that is making him feel so manly and
sometimes it takes up to 6 months for the boys to get adjusted to all these
girls.....I've bathed them all with the same shampoo so they all smell the
same and they all have free roam of a bedroom.  He is 3 years old.  Any
suggestions?  I'd like to give him a chance cause he's so sweet but he may
drive my girls crazy in the meantime!  (Maybe they all need to gang up on
him and set him straight)

Sherri