From:
Belinda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:48:17 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading FML for a couple of years now, but have only posted
once. My husband and I adopted our first ferret 3 years ago and quickly
learned ferret math. We lost our first ferret within 18 months after
adopting him, I am sure Scooter is at the Rainbow Bridge and I would
like for him and Gus to meet. Today I would like to ask the bridge
greeters to meet Gus and help him find his way. We adopted Gus, a
handsome silver mitt this past February. Gus was about 4 1/2 years old
when we got him, 2 months ago Gus was diagnosed with adrenal disease
and a huge mass in his abdomen. We did consider surgery, but he also
had a heart murmur and at the time it was not an option. He did well
for the first month on his meds, but the last 2 weeks he slept more and
more and didn't want to be bothered. It broke my heart the way he would
whimper when he saw me coming with his medicine. Gus loved cheerios and
ferretone as did Scooter. He knew exactly where I kept them and I would
find him in the kitchen sitting up and begging for them as soon as he
and the others were turned loose for their evening romp. Last night I
knew something wasn't right when I put Gus to bed after feeding him, he
crawled out of his hammie and laid on the shelf. I left the room and
when I came back he was still laying there and he felt cool. I told my
husband that Gus would not be with us much longer, so I wrapped him in
a blanket and sat with him on the couch for the next couple of hours
until he passed. I just hope and pray that he was not in any pain. I
want to believe he wasn't, because he laid quietly in my arms as I
stroked his head. I apologize if I seem to be babbling on and on. Gus,
you will be dearly missed, you have left a hole in our hearts, but we
know that you are in a better place. You will be missed by all you
brothers and sisters. Take care, I am glad that you found us and let
us take you home. I hope you know how much you where loved and the
happiness you brought in the short time you were with us.

We will miss you,
Your human Mom & Dad

Forest, Penny, Angel, Ruby, Luci, Freddie, Mia, Stanley & Eddie

Missing Scooter & now Gus, forever in our hearts

Belinda Johnson
TOKICO (USA) INC.
301 Mayde Rd.
Berea, Ky 40403
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 859-985-2106
Fax:   859-986-7307

"To err is human. To create total chaos requires ferrets!"