From:
Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:23:39 -0800
I haven't seen this ferret sighting reported yet.  I finally saw the
movie "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" last night and there is a
ferret in one scene of the movie.  The crew of Steve's ship, The
Belefonte, is watching reruns of past Steve Zissou adventures and the one
they are watching is in the arctic.  The crew is passing time by diving
off the Belefonte into the frigid water when suddenly Steve Zissou hears
the call of an animal in distress.  The animal turns out to be a "snow
mongoose" or something like that (there are a lot of weird made-up
animals in the movie).  Steve rescues the poor mongoose after it has
fallen in a crack in the ice and has broken its ankle.  He hands the
white ferret out of the crack to one of his crew to save it.  He also
brings out a handful of babies that I think were baby ferrets, but the
scene was too quick to be able for me to tell for sure.

Elayne