From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 09:50:13 -0700
Also sent to the Adrenal List.  For information on how to subscribe to the
Adrenal List, write Lynn: [log in to unmask]

Hi there.

KODO: Monday's the big day.  My hopes, prayers and thoughts are with and for
sweet Kodo and his family.  I'm picturing him getting a hug from Bob, then
being set down on the floor of his home and racing about in glee to
rediscover everything held near and dear.  I'll hold this thought until I
hear more about Kodo, praying and believing it's true...

MALE AGRESSION: Until it's determined that Percy needs to go in for a second
adrenalectomy, is there anything he can be given to alleviate his male
aggression?  He has been attempting to mate with little albino, runt Minnie,
poor thing.  Nothing is really happening and he's very gentle,not leaving
any marks on Minnie's neck, but he grabs her and lies on top of her while
she whines, and sometimes he drags her about.

Percy also urinates more frequently, with varying volumes, than normal,
but isn't straining at this point.

My vet has suggested luprelide acetate (Lupron), but it is very expensive,
and inconvenient, plus there's disagreement on whether it will help Percy's
situation.  My vet has also suggested trying something similar to what's
been used on human sex offenders to decrease sexual drive, but he hasn't
found references to these drugs yet.  Deprovera has been suggested, but my
vet fears prostatic tissue infections with this drug.

Has anybody found anything that works?

PROSTATE GLAND: An Adrenal List subscriber wrote that someone e-mailed him
and said that his vet had told him it hadn't been proven that a ferret has a
prostate gland.  My vet has said something about the prostate being not
exactly a prostate, but more like tissue.  Can anyone get anymore specific
about defining a ferret prostate?

Replies will be posted to the Adrenal List, unless requested otherwise.

Thank you,

Lynn McIntosh & the Gang of 8 fur kids