From:
"Dr. Deb Sell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:43:16 -0700
Hello

Last week I had to put one of my dearest ferrets to sleep.  His cagemate
of 6 years ran around looking for him for the first day (it was sad to
see).  But now, he eats only a little, even when ducksoup is offered.
He no longer runs around looking for his pal, but I am concerned about
his lack of interest in food.  I try to feed him often to keep his energy
up as it looks like he has lost about 1/2 a pound in the past week!!  He
does eat, just not with the gusto he did previously.  Is this typical of
bonded pairs?  How long will it take to get him over this??

I have 3 very gentle girl ferrets who I will try to get him interested
in.  Previously they were all kept separate due to cage issues.  The
girls are all very *zen* and not confrontational.  Would it be a good
idea to introduce my boy to them now to take his mind off his old pal
or should I wait??

thanks a million
deb