From:
Kara Ceraolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:16:59 -0700
Like most people, I thought it would never happen to *my* ferrets.  I
usually wait around at the vet's office for 20-30 minutes anyway, to be
sure they don't have a reaction, but the more uneventful vaccinations we
went through, the more confident I became that waiting was unnecessary.
So today I pushed it and left after about 15 minutes after two of my ferts
had their distemper shots.

Luckily he didn't have a very serious reaction, but Bennett was not as
alert and intent on kennel escape as usual, and vomited once I got him
home.  So back to the vet's we went, and by the time he was on the exam
table, Bennett was completely lethargic.

But, anyway, he's okay now and my question is just about the antihistamine
injection that the vet gave him (and made note to pre-treat with in the
future).  All I know is the name listed on the bill, which was Re-Covr.
Has anyone heard of this or know which drug it is?  I was pretty worried
over Ben and didn't think to ask at the time.

What a scare!  These things always happen when you least expect them,
don't they?

Kara

(under the supervision of the-now-back-to-his-hyper-self Bennett,
 the-glad-I-didn't-have-to-go-back Bianca, Merlin, Anakin, and Amidala)