From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 09:38:47 -0500
On Tuesday December 5th 1995 a ferret was confiscated at the border crossing
between Oregon and California.  Do not attempt to cross into California at
TULELAKE.  We received a call yesterday afternoon (it was 11:00am on the
west coast) requesting assistance in locating ferret rescue's to transport a
confiscated ferret out of the state of California.

The call came from a very large ferret shelter in Portland, OR.  They had
received a frantic call regarding the confiscation.   If the ferret was not
picked up from the border station by 3:00PM on Tuesday December 5th it would
be put to death.

We gave the Portland shelter numbers to call for assistance.  About and hour
after the first call Portland called again.  They had found a satellite
shelter in Klamath Falls, OR  (only about 45 miles from Tulelake, CA).  The
Kalmath Falls shelter was going to pick up the ferret and transport it into
Orgeon.

We are anxiously awaiting to hear what has happened with the ferret.  As soon
as we get information on the rescue we will let you know.

PLEASE AVOID THE BOARDER CROSSING AT TULELAKE, CA

Thank you
Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International